OutFox Serenity is the official community song pack project made primarily for Project OutFox. Its purpose is to produce packs of “libre” songs for the game that can be freely redistributed (including as part of its default, bundled songs), and to showcase the functionality of Project Outfox by offering charts for multiple game types beyond just 4-key/dance.
During Project OutFox Alpha 4.8.0 development, we started to release many modes, however, some of those modes have complicated chart standards or no longer have support. We decided then that it was right to create a community pack based on StepMania StepMix where the community would contribute for songs to be bundled with the game, but this time, songs for every mode OutFox supports.
- Make sure to read our guidelines to understand the rules of contribution and submission.
- Fill our online form selecting the option of which you want to submit and any other required information.
If you have music that follows our Music guidelines, then please submit it using our online form, once you submit you have agreed that we have permission to store/share your content with members of our team to organize the selection of future volumes of OutFox Serenity.
If you want to contribute with charts for:
- Old volumes (Volume I), you have two options:
- Future Volumes: You need to join our OutFox Serenity Discord Server and use “chart-discussion” and “chart-feedback” channels.
In both options, we will request you to use our templates which can be found on our OutFox Serenity Discord Server. Make sure to check the pinned messages as they include each game mode scaling.
If you want to contribute with graphics, then follow the same steps given to chart contribution. But instead, use the “graphics” channels on our Discord server.
Released August 27, 2021, OutFox Serenity Volume I features music by Aspid Cat, Drazil, Jack5, Matduke, mmry, PizeroFox, Seo, and Sevish. Alongside 4-panel (dance) and 5-panel (pump) charts, some of its songs also have be-mu, po-mu, techno (8- and 9-panel), gddm, and gdgf, and gh charts. Comes with:
250 Charts have been created for 11 songs. Volume I StepArtists had 97 days of development.
The Winter Update to OutFox Serenity Volume I features three new songs by DJ Megas, Matduke and Pekoneko (ペコネコ). It also includes changes to some of the existing songs from Volume 1, including additional charts, and key sounded be-mu/po-mu and gh charts for selected songs. Comes with:
76 Charts have been created for 3 songs. Volume I Winter Update StepArtists had 50 days of development.
Yes. But make sure its gimmicks only work with your specific chart/difficulty, no chart should impact other’s charts in any way.
Our team has a list of music submitted by members of the community, we try to select a safe amount of music that guarantees a healthy amount of charts will be made for each one since chart and graphic submissions are made purely by the interest of the authors and at the moment of writing this document, Project OutFox has no dedicated Chart Creation Team.
Another possible reason is that your submission does not follow the music guidelines, if you think that is the case then you can contact us using the following socials:
- Reddit (Post or Private Message any Mods)
- Project OutFox Forum (Create a post)
- Twitter (Private Message)
- Facebook (Private Message)
- Github (New Discussion)
Make sure to check any of the socials you provided to us, if we are considering using your music but it’s missing something, we will try to contact you.
Those are special as they use a license that doesn’t allow us to publicly host them on Github, they are still bundled with our release zips.
- Low End Theory (Volume I Winter Update)
- Heartbeat (Volume I)
- Let Me See You (Volume I)
- Broken (Volume I)
- Some Things Must (OutFox Edit) (Volume I)
- Tagebuch der vergangenen Erinnerungen (Volume I)
- After the Ending (Volume I)
- Nexen II (Phase Two) (Volume I)
- Aspid Cat
- Abandoned Doll (Volume I)
- Conflicting Revenge (Volume I)
- brokenHeart resurrection ~estele~ (Volume I)
- spirai project “drazil”
- synthborn lovebirds (Volume I)
- DJ Megas
- Plasma (Volume I Winter Update)
- Pekoneko (ペコネコ)
- Umi’s Secret (Chiptune Mix) (Volume I Winter Update)
- Includes charts from OutFox Serenity Volume 1 Winter Update
- Plasma (Background, Jacket, Banner)
- Broken (Background, Jacket, Banner)
- Heartbeat (Background, Jacket, Banner)
- Let Me See You (Background, Jacket, Banner)
- Conflicting Revenge (Background, Jacket, Banner)
- After the Ending (Jacket)
- Daniel Rotwind
- Umi’s Secret (Chiptune Mix) (Background, Jacket, Banner) *Art commissioned from Trinitoid
- Low End Theory (Background, Jacket, Banner) *Art commissioned from Khayos
- Tagebuch der vergangenen Erinnerungen (Background, Jacket, Banner, BGA) *Art comissioned from ArtPhantom17
- brokenHeart resurrection ~estele~ (Background, Jacket, Banner)
- Nexen II (Background, Jacket, Banner)
- Some Things Must (OutFox Edit) (Background, Jacket, Banner)
- After the Ending (Background, Banner)
- synthborn lovebirds (Background, Jacket, Banner)
- Abandoned Doll (Background, Jacket, Banner)
- Heartbeat (BGA)
Most of the work is handled by OutFox Community Team with occasional help from OutFox Design Team and feedback from OutFox Development Team. In Specific:
- SHRMP0: Serenity Server Organization, Music Selection, Pack Organization, Serenity Sheet Organization, Simfile Templates, Chart Feedback.
- Lirodon: Pack Assets, Serenity Trailer, Serenity Website Section, Guidelines Rules, Pack Advertisement.
- Moru Zerinho6: Serenity Server Organization, Music Selection, Pack Organization, Serenity Website Section, Serenity Wiki.
- Daniel Rotwind: Creation of templates for be-mu/po-mu game modes, Pack Assets, Chart Creation.
- shockdude: Creation of GH game mode templates, Chart Creation.
- Sevish: Sound Normalization, Music Feedback, Chart Creation.
- SheepyChris: Music Selection, Simfile Templates, Chart Feedback.
- Moneko: Music Selection.
- dj505: Chart Creation and Feedback.
- Jose_Varela: Chart Creation, Pack Assets.
Written and Maintained by Moru Zerinho6